Professional Wedding, Portrait and Event Photography

Total Pageviews

Monday 10 January 2011

BSHRA - British Siberian Husky Racing Association (Day 1)















This weekend I found myself in Norfolk, in a forest called Santon Downham. Here I would be spending the weekend photographing the British Siberian Husky Racing Association at one of its race days.

As you would expect from such a dog, the Husky has a built in mechanism to pull. Utilising anything from one to six dogs to pull the 'musher' on his/her or cart, they race around the woods in competition with the other teams.

When we arrived on the first day I was amazed. I had never seen so many dogs in the same place, at the same time. Most couples there owned at least six dogs, some 14, and one lady 42! I dread to think how much work & money goes into looking after that lot! Everyone there had big vans, fully kitted out with cages in the back for their dogs, and every facility required to make sure there dogs were as looked after as possible.

The day was quite busy. Lots of different races, in lots of different classes. I managed to get amongst the dogs for some nice, up close and personal shots too. 

Photographically it was a good, productive weekend.

If you want to know more about the BSHRA please visit the BSHRA Website

No comments:

Post a Comment